History

Ventana’s roots date back to 1953, when Fred Bond partnered with James Leitch in Edmonton, Alberta to start Bond and Leitch Ltd. construction company. The firm made a name for itself delivering quality service and building relationships with its customers and the trades that were hired to do work.

For nearly 20 years, the company followed this model and built up a solid foundation. The principles and ethics of the company were instilled in Fred’s son, Jim Bond, who took over as company president in 1972.

Jim continued growing the business and teaching those values to each of his new employees. Jim and his family moved to Vancouver, BC in 1987 and the company was established in its new home as BSC Construction Corporation, with Jim carrying on as president. BSC continued to operate in Vancouver for the next decade until it was re-branded as Ventana Construction Corporation in 1997.

Today, there are more than 150 Ventana employees at our head office in Burnaby and at 15 to 20 construction sites.