Ventana takes the health & safety of our employees, trades, visitors and clients seriously. To maintain the health and safety of our employees and those working on our jobsites and in our office, we are taking preventative measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following the advice provided by the Government of Canada, and Government of BC which is based on sound medical knowledge.
These are unprecedented times and as such, we currently do not have all the answers. As new medical evidence or government direction becomes available, we will update our employees, trades and clients accordingly.
In addition to developing and implementing an exposure control plan and physical distancing guidelines, the following steps are being taken to prevent exposure across our jobsites & office:
- Education on hygiene measures such as frequent hand washing, not touching one’s face, not shaking hands, coughing/sneezing into one’s elbow, disinfecting hard surfaces
- Practicing social distancing, maintain 2m (6ft) distance between individuals
- Contact tracing information and questionnaires are completed daily for all individuals on site or in our office
- Plan work activities to accommodate social distances as much as possible (separate workers & crews)
- Increasing toilet & washroom cleanings and adding handwash sinks to all jobsites
- Cancelling any non-essential in-person meetings, communicate via email or phone where possible
- Anyone experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home immediately to self-isolate for 14 days or until test results come back negative and individual is no longer displaying symptoms
- Anyone who has travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days will not be permitted in the office or on site until their self-isolation is over
- Continually track suspected & confirmed cases of COVID-19 across our jobsites and in our office
- Not sharing the water cooler with non-Ventana employees (trades can use sinks connected to potable water)
- Increasing cleaning & disinfecting of hard surfaces such as water coolers, sinks, door handles, tables, desks, etc.
- Posting COVID signage on site gates, office doors and trailers to notify individuals to go home and call 8-1-1 if experiencing symptoms